How good are Maiden Home's fabric options?
Share your experience with Maiden Home's fabric options
Maiden Home says this about the quality of fabrics they use:
"When editing our assortment, we seek out beauty, softness and durability. You’ll find our fabrics offer a great feel and beautiful drape while standing up to your lifestyle. All our fabrics meet the industry’s highest marks for durability, including:
- Abrasion Resistance: With 18,000 double-rubs and above, our fabrics are designed to hold up to heavy-duty residential use.
- Pilling: With pill ratings of 3 and above, our fabrics won't develop unsightly pills with daily wear."
Maiden Home's FAQ page says this about the fabric variations to expect from customized furniture:
"Fabric dyelots may vary: Slight differences in texture, color or appearance among fabrics (and leathers) may be found, for example between swatches and furniture pieces."
In terms of fabric staining, the FAQ page says this:
"Our Performance fabrics feature Crypton® Home, a completely non-toxic, GREENGUARD Gold certified treatment for stain resistance."
Taking care of Maiden Home fabric
Maiden Home gives advice on how to take care of their fabrics:
"Here are our tips to keep your piece looking its best:
- Vacuum monthly to remove dirt, dust and pet hair–these can cause fabric to wear faster.
- Flip and rotate removable cushions twice monthly for even wear. When flipping, give them a good shake-down (beat them together from either end) to move fibers and feathers around and ensure even distribution.
- Avoid contact with items that may transfer color (newspaper, brand-new jeans)."
Dune Sofa specific care tips
If you own a Dune Sofa, here is the tailored advice for its fabric upkeep:
"The Dune was designed for easy maintenance. All fabric can be removed and machine washed, including body fabric and seat and back cushion covers.
The slipcover is upholstered in Performance Washed Linen, which has the same stain resistance qualities as our other Performance fabrics. Liquid spills will bead up on its surface, and it can be easily spot cleaned using a cleaning solution of mild detergent and water. Blot, do not rub or brush excessively as that may damage the fibers.
Performance Washed Linen can also be washed in your washing machine. The slipcover should be washed alone. For best results, machine wash cold and tumble dry low or hang dry."
You can easily order up to 5 free swatches from Maiden Home's website.
- Go to the link here: https://knoji.com/hyperlink/https%3A%2F%2Fmaidenhome.com%2Fcollections%2Fswatches
- Select the fabrics you want
- Fill out your contact and shipping information
Maiden Home offers nearly 50 different fabrics and leathers. You may experience them firsthand before purchasing through complimentary swatch kits, which contain up to 5 fabric swatches and can be ordered from their website. All fabrics were hand chosen for their durability profiles–many are Performance fabrics, which are stain resistant and incredibly easy to spot clean. See the Maiden Home blog post on fabrics for more details.